Press Release Source: Volta Resources Inc. On Wednesday April 21, 2010, 9:06 am
TSX: VTRTORONTO, April 21 /CNW/ - Volta Resources Inc. ("Volta" or the "Company") (TSX: VTR - News) announces the drill results from the next completed section at its Kiaka Gold Project, located approximately 120 kilometres southeast of Ouagadougou, the capital city of Burkina Faso. To date, 88 holes (~13,674 meters) have been completed of the current program comprising more than 110 holes ((greater than)17,400 meters) planned for the Central Area at Kiaka. So far results have been received for 71 holes from this area, with the current news release covering the latest 6 holes, which are all located on Section 5600N (See Figure 1). The highlights from this section include:
- KDH55 : 119.25m (at) 1.15g/t Au, including 56.00m (at) 1.76g/t Au AND
- KDH55 : 39.75m (at) 1.81g/t Au, including 31.10m (at) 2.24g/t Au
- KRD56 : 66.00m (at) 1.16g/t Au, including 34.00m (at) 1.36g/t Au
- KRD57 : 94.00m (at) 1.21g/t Au, including 5.00m (at) 2.26g/t Au and 44.00m (at) 1.50g/t Au AND
- KRD57 : 81.00m (at) 1.02g/t Au, including 11.00m (at) 2.38g/t Au
- KRD58 : 42.00m (at) 0.78g/t Au, including 3.00m (at) 2.51g/t Au and 3.00m (at) 2.79g/t Au - KDH59 : 108.45m (at) 1.06g/t Au, including 45.35m (at) 1.25g/t Au and 18.75m (at) 1.95g/t Au
- KKRC32 : 22.00m (at) 0.67g/t Au, including 5.00m (at) 1.60g/t Au
Kevin Bullock, Volta's CEO, said, "Once again we have encountered widthsat better than expected grades from the KMZ zone. As we near completion of ourfirst drill campaign at Kiaka we can unequivocally state that the results haveconsistently exceeded expectations. We look forward to soon incorporating allof the results into our initial resource estimate, which will support ourplans to aggressively move to the next stage in developing Kiaka to itsultimate potential."
In order to appreciate the extent and geometry of the mineralization on the 5600N section, the results for the intersections for the six Volta holes are highlighted in Table 1 below and on the section in Figure 2. Analyses of the Volta samples were undertaken by fire assay on a 50g charge at ALS Chemex Laboratories in Ouagadougou. Volta's sampling and assay procedures included QA/QC elements that employed the inclusion of certified standards and blanks.